Application and Benefits of Nickel 200

Due to its intrinsic corrosion-resistant properties, commercial pure nickel is used extensively in industrial applications. In highly corrosive, high-temperature and sometimes poisonous conditions, materials need to work hard to preserve their integrity.

There are several alloy grades that have a nickel base, typically combined with a precise variety of other chemical components to give unique characteristics to the alloy.

The Nickel 200 material consists of 99 per cent of nickel. The remaining 1% or less is composed of very carefully balanced values of iron, silver, manganese, copper, carbon and sulphur often in trace quantities.

Benefits of Nickel 200

Toughness

In many engineering applications, the ability of a material to absorb energy without breaking is very important. Most stainless steels have good durability at room temperature; however, the ferritic structure becomes increasingly more fragile with decreasing temperature, making ferritic stainless steels unfit for use at cryogenic temperatures.

High-Temperature Properties

The presence of nickel makes the austenitic grades resist to creep, and considerably better high-temperature strength than other grades. As a result of exposure at moderate and high temperatures, these grades are often much less vulnerable to the development of deleterious phases. Nickel 200 also encourages the protective oxide film’s stability and decreases spalling during thermal cycling.

Corrosion Resistance

Nickel also affects stainless steel’s resistance to another type of localized corrosion, namely the cracking of chloride stress-corrosion. In such cases, however, there is a minimum resistance of about 8 percent to the nickel content. Stress corrosion-cracking resistance increases remarkably at both lower and higher nickel levels.

Ease of Production

This feature is not something that is obvious to the final user instantly. The long history of producing the common austenitic grades, their widespread use, their flexibility and the size of their production, however, means they have become high quality commodity grades. These grades are economically available in various forms and in all parts of the world.

Applications of Nickel 200

Nickel 200 grades are best known for their use electrolysis of salt solutions to remove caustic soda and chlorine and electronics, but they have numerous other uses.

For instance, Nickel 200 is used for pressure vessel operation.  It is also highly resistant to distilled and natural waters and has wide applications in the food processing field.

Nickel 200, because of its extremely high resistance to corrosion, can be used for the transport of some chemicals. It can be used in the in the aerospace industry as well.

Nickel 200 are used in many industries especially useful to those who are looking for maintaining the purity of their products. These applications include food handling, caustic alkalis, manufacturing synthetic fibers and structural application that demand corrosion resistance.

One of the biggest advantage is that nickel 200 can be practically hot rolled into any shape, and it also responds well to cold forming, and machining, as long as established practices are followed. It also accepts most conventional brazing, welding, and soldering processes.

We supply both Nickel 200 and Nickel 201, as well as a number of other technically superior nickel alloys.

Application and Benefits of Nickel 200

by admin time to read: 2 min
0